The Do-Not-Haul List
We safely and efficiently ship freight across your region, the country, the continent, and the globe. We always strive to accommodate special requests, but there are certain hazardous materials and other sensitive items that we can’t haul. Please contact Estes Forwarding Worldwide or Time Critical to find alternative services for these excluded commodities.
Shipping Batteries?We transport batteries, but you must follow safety regulations and appropriate precautions when shipping them. Read our guidelines for battery shipping.
Food Safety at EstesWe transport food that is completely enclosed by a container. Read more about our food-safety and compliance procedures.
Hazardous Materials Estes Does Not Ship
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) or batteries connected in series in a steel cabinet
- Infectious Substances 6.2 - This includes etiological agents with the UN numbers UN2900, UN2814, UN3374 or UN3291
- Explosives (Divisions 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 in any quantity)
- Explosives (Division 1.5 in quantities requiring placarding)
- Any quantity of a poison inhalation hazard that is a Hazard Zone A
- A bulk container (over 119 gallons) of a poison inhalation hazard that is a Hazard Zone B
- Packaging over 3,500 gallons (in a single package) of a poison inhalation hazard that is a Hazard Zone C or D
- Packaging over 3,500 gallons of refrigerated liquid methane, LP gas or other liquefied gas with a methane content of at least 85%
- Radioactive materials
- Hazardous waste
For any hazardous-material questions, please call the Safety Department at 804-353-1900, Ext. 2241.
Other Materials Estes Does Not Ship
- Bank bills
- Coin or currency
- Jewelry, except costume or novelty jewelry
- Letters with or without stamps (except U.S. Mail from one U.S. Post Office to another)
- Museum articles or articles of antiquity (except antiques shipped as household goods or Federal Reserve coin exhibits)
- Notes (financial)
- Original works of art (except pictures or paintings shipped as household goods with a maximum release value of $5.00 per pound)
- Postage stamps
- Precious stones
- Revenue stamps (except U.S. Internal Revenue Distilled Spirits stamps, which are accepted for volume or truckload shipments)
- Valuable papers of any kind
- Compressed gas cylinders shipped loose. Cylinders must be shipped upright and locked in place on a steel shipping skid. Small units (20 lb. cylinders) may be shipped in individual cartons (palletized).
- Declared extraordinary value in excess of $25.00 per pound
- Furniture picked up from a private residence without prior approval from Estes management
- Lampblack, carbonized charcoal, powderized paint pigment, powderized dyes or carbon black
- Marble, marble products, granite, slate or any other natural or man-made stone or similar products
- Personal effects if not released at RVNX $0.10 per pound
- Single piece (handling units weighing more than 4,000 pounds)
- Uncrated machinery and/or used machinery for transportation unless if used, it is released to a RVNX at $0.10 per pound
- Freight liable to impregnate or otherwise damage other freight or carrier's equipment
- Copy or duplicating machines without Estes management approval
- Visual communicating or monitoring devices (including televisions, plasma, big screen projection or LCD) other than CRT (cathode ray tube)
- Medical Marijuana
- Hemp in the raw