Estes Recognized as Top 75 Green Supply Chain Partner
Richmond, VA —Estes has once again been recognized as one of Inbound Logistics’ Top 75 Green Supply Chain Partners in 2022. This award honors companies that go the extra mile to help shippers maintain sustainable, eco-friendly supply chains.
As the largest privately-owned freight carrier in North America, Estes is committed to providing top-of-the-line freight solutions while remaining a good steward of the Earth. That’s why the company:
- Committed to becoming the first LTL carrier to participate in the 2022 inaugural year of Remora’s carbon capture pilot program
- Became one of the first trucking companies to join the Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay Transport Partnership in 2004
- Continues to expand its fleet of alternative fuel vehicles and electric forklifts
- Implements strategies to reduce, reuse, and recycle in its day-to-day logistics
- Invests in solar energy as a nonpolluting, renewable resource
- Reduces emissions by using newer equipment and route optimization technology
Read more about Inbound Logistics’ Green Supply Chain Partners award, and how Estes is investing in tomorrow thorough its commitment to eco-sustainability.
About Estes Express Lines
Estes is the largest, privately-owned freight carrier in North America. As an asset-based transportation provider with a global footprint, Estes always goes the extra mile to deliver reliable freight solutions and exceptional service that keep its customers coming back. Ethical and honest, with over 90-years of freight shipping expertise, Estes has worked through the decades to build a robust fleet and vast network of over 10,000 doors and 265 terminals nationwide. And the company’s comprehensive transportation solutions are backed by its continued investment in technology resources, as well as the support of more than 22,000 fiercely committed employees. Estes offers comprehensive freight shipping solutions, including Less Than Truckload (LTL), Volume and Truckload, Time Critical Guaranteed, Custom Shipping and Logistics, and Final Mile.
About Inbound Logistics
Since its inception in 1981, Inbound Logistics' educational mission is to illustrate the benefits of demand-driven logistics practices, give companies the knowledge to help them match the inbound flow of materials to their demand, and align their business process to support that shift. Inbound Logistics offers real-world examples and decision support to guide businesses to efficiently manage logistics, reduce and speed inventory, and offset rising materials and logistics costs, supporting business scalability and change management across their value chain. More information about demand-driven logistics practices is available at www.inboundlogistics.com.